One of the last duties of police minister, David Hanson was to approve the revision to the Codes of Practice for independent custody visiting. The new Codes of Practice were issued to all police and crime commissioners in the first week of April 2010.
Delegates at the A-Z of Custody Visiting - ICVA’s pilot training course held at the Mothers Union, Tufton Street, London on 30th March received their own personal copy of the final document to be signed by the minister, when a surprise visitor, Andy Alexander from the Home Office’s Policing Powers & Protection Unit attended part of their training.
ICVA will ensure that all members have access to the electronic version of the document, which can be read in full here: Revised Code of Practice (link expired).
The Spring edition of Visiting Times has now been published. Highlights include...
- details of ICVA’s new national training programme
- information on a review of the Code of Practice on independent custody visiting
- an update on the most recently published HMIP/HMIC police custody reports
- news and pictures from ICVA’s annual conference
- an overview of the association’s plans and priorities for 2010